Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I just wanted to see for myself


I just wanted to see for myself. I started the day going to the Denver Museum of Science and History to feel out the support for the stimulus signing. I am not sure what I expected but what I saw was about a hundred people standing outside the building, and that is a very generous count. About 30 or so had something for sale: hats, flags, pictures, etc. (Not Actual Support) We then headed for the capitol. I took my wife and three of our five children on a historical tour of the Colorado State Capitol. It is such an awesome view from the dome. We exited, and on the West side found hundreds of people (perhaps five hundred or so) sharing in pulled pork on the capitol steps in protest to the stimulus signing.
Now, I think that in a society such as ours, the voice of the people should be heard and honored. What I witnessed was our leadership, and much of the press, ignoring the voice of the people. One hundred in favor, five hundred in opposition. Freedom in America is under attack. The voices of our people have been stifled.
How will we repay this debt? When the money from the stimulus runs out, how do we keep these programs going? The only answer is to raise taxes and crush the economy all over again when the debt comes due.
Let’s do some math:
Consider 1,000,000 defaulted mortgages at a high average of $200,000 each. The total defaulted value becomes $200,000,000,000 ($200 Billion) That’s 1/5 of $1 Trillion. We have already spent at least $2 Trillion thus far on bailouts (approved by the Democrat run Congress beginning in the Spring 2008) to repair the economic failure attributed to the ’Foreclosure Crisis.’ Now Obama’s next step is to dump another Fifty Billion dollars to stave off foreclosures. Could we not have simply paid off these mortgages twice over in the first place? Meanwhile the entire world is on the brink of bankruptcy, all attributable to 1 million bad mortgages? Hogwash!
I have a 50 Year Plan to reduce our dependence on foreign oil while utilizing American sources, in the process moving into the future with clean energy and infrastructure bringing our country and our state out of this recession/depression sooner than other nations. See my blog ‘Recession and the Democrat Dis-Connect.’

1 comment: